{Out of Character} content}

27 Aug 2018 16:56 - 27 Aug 2018 16:57 #1 by Scott Quick (Quikslvrx)
{Out of Character} content} was created by Scott Quick (Quikslvrx)
Ok, so me and two of my friends are planning on doing an event/weekend. We do plan on making this long term and a monthly adventure. We are trying to absorb as much as we can from the website and facebook and even the little bit of youtube content.
We are LARP noobs on the level of 30 something year old men who have wanted to do this for 20+ years and never have...emphasis on NEVER.

We are incredibly excited...I am trying to get a price range. I have read the prices on characters (although i have an idea, I don't fully understand build points.) but i do not understand if that includes a fee for the stay for the weekend. We plan on ordering our raw materials and using walmart/home depot for our gear. Any links for ideas would be appreciated. Also if you could direct me to a thread that has already answered this question, as i am sure it is one you get daily, that would be great. My name is Scott Quick from NJ feel free to add/msg me on facebook.

I added a picture, since i have never LARPED this is my tool character. Hes ok.

Scott

(Real Name goes here!)
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Aug 2018 16:57 by Scott Quick (Quikslvrx).
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
27 Aug 2018 18:57 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic {Out of Character} content}
Hi, Scott!

Some random guy on the internet once said, "If you're still breathing, it's not too late to try something new." So there are important things on the internet aside from cat videos.

By the way, I'm Jeff and I'm one of the New Player Reps around here. "Silly" and "dumb" questions are my favorite, so if you have any, fire at will.

As for where to go, we have Facebook groups dedicated to crafting garb, props, and weapons:

Knight Realms Official Costuming Community
Larpers Costumer Forum

One of them is unofficial; you have two guesses.

Since we understand the difficulty sometimes in leaping right into the action without knowing anyone, there is also a board here on the forums for forging in-game connections before you arrive:
www.knightrealms.com/forum/character-ties-and-connections.html

Finally, there is another unofficial Facebook group for role-playing tips called LARP Role-Playing Tips (shameless plug, both because I created it and because I named it so brilliantly).

We're here to help if you need it.

-Jeff

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.481 seconds